Friday, November 14, 2008

"Im Gonna Miss This"



*Cleaning up the same mess three times in a row.
*Folding laundry I swore I just did yesterday.
*Trying to potty train Trevor.
*Packing for our move and having things unpacked by my rugrats.

Tonight I was just reflecting on my day. I had had a long day with the list mentioned above not to forget I had steam cleaned the carpets,vacuumed the entire house,dusted and cleaned out the car. For the most part, I just was tired. Not upset. Not frustrated. Just tired. I kind of had thought in my head: Won't it be so nice when Trevor is potty trained? Won't it be so nice when we're all settled in our new home? Won't it be so nice when we can buy this and this and this on our list of things we need/want?

Then I recalled a song I had heard the other night on the CMA Awards. The song is by Trace Adkins, and its called "You're Gonna Miss This". If you haven't heard it, I suggest going to youtube watching the video or downloading it. The verses were all different stages of life and how this woman kept wanting something more--looking at the future for all of her happiness. The part that touched me the most was the advice she got throughout the song via the chorus...
"You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"


I thought about the lyrics and it was like he was saying to me, "You're gonna miss this....You're gonna want this back." And instantly, I felt that.
I also realized, I'm going to miss these days where Zach and I are 25 and 28...virtually still newlyweds and in the prime of our lives. I'm going to miss the days where we have little ones running around the house yelling at the top of their lungs. I'm going to miss the days when we realized that even though we didnt make a lot of money and didnt get everything we wanted...we still had everything we needed right there.
I'm going to miss the days when I even had little kids to take to the park or clean up after. I'm going to miss the days when I'm strong enough to pull a huge load of laundry up and down the stairs.
I'm going to miss the days when my little babies needed me for everything...even if it meant wiping their poopy diapered bottoms.
I already miss it...and I'm living it.
I know its normal to have those feelings of being tired and frustrated in the monotony of life...but I'm grateful for those little moments that make me realize that even through the midst of it all...
...I'm gonna miss this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts were so touching Chels. I'm so glad you were in the moment to hear his lyrics and reflect. It's such a good message for me too. It is a good life!!!