Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thoughts after the election.......

So the election is over! Barack Obabma wins by a landslide with the electoral votes but it was a very close match with the popular vote. I really was 50/50 on the two candidates and didn't make my decision til the night before I voted. Zach and I just sat down one evening after the kids were all in bed and researched for over an hour about each man, his beliefs, thoughts and goals. After looking at education, healthcare, abortion, death penalty, gun control, security and gay rights....I made my decision....and I guess I wasn't alone...Obama! We'll see how he does in office and hope for the best. God knows we need "change" and to get this economy back on track.

As for the propositions.....as most of you know I was definitely and always will be NO on Prop 8!! It was a pretty close race but Yes on 8 has won. How sad is this day! I'm not even gay and I feel like crying, I cannot imagine how those who are must feel. We can elect a black president who wins by a huge gap but can't let 2 people in love marry eachother!!! I know they will continue fighting and hopefully one day we will have and keep equality!

0 Comments: