Sunday, November 30, 2008

Riley's 1st field trip
















Last Thursday Riley and her class went to the Nimbus Fish Hatchery. I came along and took Trevor and Ireland as well. They had a great time learning about how the fish jump up the ladder and what happens to them once they make it to the top. I dont know about you if you've been there before but when you're in the visitor center they allow you to look out a big window and watch them bring the fish in, hammer them in the head with a rubber mallot, fill em with water and then slice them open and retrieve all the eggs!!! I do not remember that at all! I felt a smidge better when I learned that the fish die anyways after they spawn but still........so we fed the baby fish, watched the big fish jump the ladder, ate our lunch and headed home. Great 1st field trip!

0 Comments: